Shell's Journey

My name is Shelley. I"m 31 years old. I'm happily married to Jason and mother to Jakob. I'm on a journey to chronicle my weight loss and the ups and downs.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

BETTER DAYS

Okay, today and yesterday have gone better. I finally feel like things have clicked like they are supposed to. I am behind Carrie by 27 pts. Yuck!! I need to catch up those points and fast. I had to lose 2 points because of the gain so there is no more fooling around. I don't EVER want to subtract again. It'll be 5 points next month. THis point thing works because my butt gets up and moving. Who says that you can't make weight loss a game? It works with someone who is serious and who is honest. If anyone wants to know the points system because i don't think either one of has fully explained it. This is how it works:

Rewards:
5pts= every pound lost; weigh in's are on Friday's
5pts=every 15 min of deliberate exercise; housework and shopping do not count; you have to walk, do a dvd, weights, etc....
5pts=every bottle of water that you drink

Punishments:
-2pts= each gain (not per pound)
-2pts=no exercise at all (if you do at least 5 minutes, you get 0 without having to subtract)
-5pts= no water

SPecifics:
If you have a gain like I did this week, then you have to get back down to where you were in order to claim a loss. For example, my weight last week was 245. This week it was 250. I have to get to 244 in order to claim a loss and then I can only claim one pound. YOu don't get rewarded for losing pounds that you have gained back. It's like getting rewarded for gaining and we don't want that.
THe way Carrie and I are doing it. The loser at the end of the time that we have specified to end the first challenge has to send the winner a gift worth no more than 10 dollars.

We have different rules next month that are more encompassing. It'll keep getting harder and more challenging. Next month we will have bonus points that can be earned as well. For every reward we have we have a punishment. It wouldn't work well if there weren't consequenses. Neither of us wants to lose points that we worked hard to get.
I'm positive that the scales will start moving and that yesterday was water weight. I"m going to accomplish my goals.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger breakaway said...

Hey good idea to explain that..I didn't even think about it! Your going to have a loss for sure this week especially after that 5 lb gain. I know its all water so you may have a five lb loss this week. Hopefully 6 tho! Talk to you real soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home