Shell's Journey

My name is Shelley. I"m 31 years old. I'm happily married to Jason and mother to Jakob. I'm on a journey to chronicle my weight loss and the ups and downs.

Monday, October 16, 2006

PERFECT DAY

I had a perfect day on SUnday. Okay, i had a little help. Jason consented (in fact his idea) to me going back on the Slimquick pills for a little while. This is not my ideal way to get my weight down. It is a last resort. He has seen me trying the last couple of weeks to no avail. The pills aren't high dose and I'm taking them along with a multi-vitamin. They do help supress my appetitie and control my cravings. I don't see a whole lot of difference with my energy level. I did awesome yesterday as a result. I passed up eating at McDonald's and bought smaller cups for home for my drinks that are not water. I've been drinking mostly water. I even bypassed tea. I walked for an hour yesterday. I ended up with a record 70 points for my challenge with Carrie and 45 with Rebel. I'm looking forward to having a loss next week. I'M NOT staying on the pills to get to goal. The longest I'll be taking them is until Jan. 1st. The only reason I'm taking them is because it was either do that or quit. I got really frustrated with my weight creeping back up. Yes, it was my fault in the first place but when you are trying hard and it is still going up, then it's frustrating not knowing what is going wrong. I'm going to continue exercising and using the pills just to change habits that I think were causing me to not lose. I'm also going to control eating out. Nothing good comes from eating out when you don't have the willpower to change your choices. I'm going to do this. It's nice not walking around hungry for things I can't have. I have instituted a new rule at home where we have to eat at the dining room table. This has been reluctantly accepted by my guys. I have seen a difference in all of our eating habits though. I fix a veggie everynight and all of us including Jason is eating the veggie. I'm eating less and we get valuable time together as a family. I love it. The guys don't but will have to get used to it. I don't think it's too much to ask for everyone to sit together for 30 minutes and enjoy each others company. I'm hoping this will also help in other areas as well. We'll see only time will tell.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger breakaway said...

Oh my gosh...it;s so funny that you said this because this is what we started doing as well. We used to do it and then it went back to eating in front of the tv. NOw it's better and we all eat healthier :) Great job by the way these past few days...sorry I was MIA for the past week. Been very stressfull with company and the kids being in Hawaii!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home