Shell's Journey

My name is Shelley. I"m 31 years old. I'm happily married to Jason and mother to Jakob. I'm on a journey to chronicle my weight loss and the ups and downs.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Support

How can other people support people losing weight? There are many ways.

1. Let them know when they are eating something they aren't supposed. Call them on it but in a nice constructive way.
2. Exercise with them and when you say you're going to do it. DO IT!!!! Don't cancel on them or come up with some excuse not to.
3. Be there to listen and let them cry on your shoulder from time to time.
4. Understand that this is a hard and difficult thing to do.
5. Compliment and celebrate their successes with them. Make a huge deal over the two pounds they lost that week.
6. Cheer them up when they gained a pound back because it happens.
7. Give them a call to see how they are doing.

What do you get from being supportive? Well, if you need to lose weight, you'll get the same in return. You can have a buddy system and they work. If you don't, you get the knowledge of knowing that you helped someone who you care about live a healthier longer life. THere are many benefits of helping people out.
Why this topic today? WEll, I'm not feeling the support from my family. I'm feeling pretty let down especially when it comes to helping me exercise. They are all for helping me when it comes to telling me what I can and can not eat. WHich is great. I need help with exercise. I told them what I want. I want them to walk with me at times. I do better when someone is with me. Neither wants to do that with me though. I know I'm pms'ing at the moment as well so that doesn't help. I love them both to death but when your child fakes a tummy ache just so you won't take him walking without feeling like a horrible mother, it makes you feel sad that they will go through all of that to get out of supporting you. I just want them to support me because they love me. It really made me want to quit this morning. I was wondering why am I putting myself through this if no one really cares. PMS has a lot to do with my mood right now though. I hate the hormonal imbalance that it causes. I feel moody, restless, and irritable. I want to cry and scream. It's absolutely horrible. I feel like I'm out of control. I know these are typical and with me usually last just the one day but it's a horrible day normally. Well, I hope the venting helped me. LOL!!!!!! It does help to get my feelings out. It's why I have this blog. I'm not mad at anyone except myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home