Shell's Journey

My name is Shelley. I"m 31 years old. I'm happily married to Jason and mother to Jakob. I'm on a journey to chronicle my weight loss and the ups and downs.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

LUCKY DAY

I had a very lucky day yesterday. I had orientation for my school. I hadn't had much sleep the night before so I expected to barely make it through. I mean you expect to go hear the school staff talk about how the school works and all the mumbo jumbo that normally goes along with it. Well, I got there and that is exactly what it looked like. They started and announced we were playing a game. Cool! I didn't really want to play. Well, our table won a $25 dollar gas card. How cool is that? I never win anything. They had a very energetic speaker from monster.com come and talk to us about how to succeed in college. He kept your attention so that was nice as well. They also fed us lunch which I did well at. It wasn't a bad day at all. I'm very pleased. It helps me look forward to college. I have to remember it's not going to be easy but what is? I can do this plus lose the weight.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger breakaway said...

wow I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see how you like it. I bet you love it! And congrats on the gift card :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home