Shell's Journey

My name is Shelley. I"m 31 years old. I'm happily married to Jason and mother to Jakob. I'm on a journey to chronicle my weight loss and the ups and downs.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Good Friends

It's great to have good friends. OKay, good isn't the word for it, Great friends!!!! I may actually get to meet a really great friend that has stuck by me for three years. SHe has been there when it seems like everyone else has left. We have had our downtimes where we don't talk much but I know she always is there. In the last week or so, she has lifted my spirits so much. I was losing my oomph to keep fighting this battle and she has brought me up to keep on fighting. Losing weight is a battle and sometimes physically and emotionally draining. If you are doing it alone, it's hard. Yes, my husband and son are very supportive but they don't understand the problems we face and how hard it is.
I also have a great sister in law and friend at home. THey know what it's like to fight this battle as well. My sister in law is wanting to get back to walking which made me so happy. I love her to death. My other friend talks to me from time to time as well.
Well, together we can fight this battle and win. THe great thing is that in a couple of months we may actually meet for the first time. I can't wait and am excited. I will have to convince hubby to say yes.....lol!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger breakaway said...

Oh my gosh! Reading this entry was SO emotional! I was crying my eyes out! Thank you so much for such a great uplifting! I can't wait to meet your family and were going to have a great time! Yes, I am making turkey but it's going to be a great celebration and we can be good till then! lol I know I plan too!~ Thank you shell for being a terrific friend :D I just love you to death for all your support. Tell Jason he's got a great one in you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home