Shell's Journey

My name is Shelley. I"m 31 years old. I'm happily married to Jason and mother to Jakob. I'm on a journey to chronicle my weight loss and the ups and downs.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Choices and Accountability

When you are trying to lose weight, it's mostly about choices and accountability. The choices you make are either the right one or the wrong one for the most part. YOu chose to drink the pop or the water. You chose to exercise or not. You chose if you'll exercise for ten minutes or an hour. The accountability part is a little harder. WHo holds you accountable? What are the consequences of your actions? Well, I know for one it helps me to have someone to report to. If I have to tell them what I ate and did then I'm more likely to make the right choices. Ultimately, it's me who holds me accountable. WHo am I hurting if I eat the whole tub of ice cream? Me! Who feels the effects of it? Me! The thing is though I'm not only hurting myself. I'm hurting my family. I can't do the things I would like to do comfortably being the size I am. Getting into the raft on the lazy river at Indiana Beach, I felt like a whale. I still have a tight squeeze on some of the rides. I'm sure I'd be cooler in the heat without all the weight on me. Sure, it's a great insulator in the cold but I can put on more clothing.
I have to start making the right choices and holding myself accountable for my actions. My losing weight isn't going to get easier. In fact, with the stress of school and all, it's only going to get harder. I need to stop with excuses and rationalizing. They are only hurting me not helping me.
I had a good day yesterday and today is starting off well. Maybe I'm out of the funk I was in. I sure hope so. I have a few friends who helped pull me out. They are my lifeline. Thank you Carrie and Rebel. You two are helping me tremendously. If anyone thinks they can lose weight alone, I don't see how. I'm not saying it's impossible but I don't see how. I need the support of my friends and family. They keep me going when I want to give up. Hubby has been super supportive except when it comes to exercise and same with my son. I'm going to do this. I can win the battle.

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger breakaway said...

I should be thanking you! YOu are the one who keeps me going all the time. But your welcome anyhow :) I'm not here as much as I want to be but that's going to change now. Love ya girl, keep up the great work!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home