Shell's Journey

My name is Shelley. I"m 31 years old. I'm happily married to Jason and mother to Jakob. I'm on a journey to chronicle my weight loss and the ups and downs.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Making the CHanges

Yesterday I did very well. I walked a total of 30 minutes before work and 45 after. The bad news is that hubby has put a halt to the after work walk because of safety reasons. We were walking in a well lit parking lot and there was two of us but he says he would prefer us not to because he got awfully worried last night. Him being worried is not typical so I guess I'll reluctantly respect his wishes on this.I counted my calories yesterday and only had 1290 calories. I was pretty happy with that. I'm trying to be more conscience of what goes in my mouth. I'm looking at labels and everything. I fixed myself a glass of chocolate milk this morning and found that the 16 oz glass was almost 400 calories. I poured it out. I also had an english muffin with apple butter for 190 calories. I figured the milk to be about 150 for what I had. It was more than I wanted but for the meal. It's probably going to be a learning process for the week. I'm really on top of the world and am anxious to get the challenge at the Y started. My friends seem to be just as excited. A friend of mine and I collaborated and brought supper to work last night. I brought the parmesan chicken I made for lunch yesterday and it was absolutely delicious and she brought salad. I preportioned the chicken into 4 oz servings and we filled up on the salad which had hardly any calories. I'm really trying to eat my veggies and stay on the up and up. I'm also hoping for a huge loss this coming week but my monthly is due and that sucks. Oh well, it should be over by the weigh in for the challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home